Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Sledgehammer.

No, not the song or the show, but the tool.

Spent about an hour wailing away at a concrete footing with a sledge and a pick, trying to get the last remnants of a very old metal fence out of my soon-to-be-sister-in-law's yard. I'd demo'd (read: busted to hell) the rest of the fence a couple of weeks ago, but lacked the tools to get the last post out of the ground until Rox (the s-t-b-s-i-l) gave me a Home Despot gift card for my birthday.

If there is a mecca on this Earth for me, it is Home Despot / Lowe's. I walked out last night with:
2 florescent fixtures + bulbs (for my basement)
Romex 12/2 and 12/3 electrical wire
2 single-unit electrical boxes
2 three-way switches
electrical tape
wingnuts
1 8 x 4 sheet of pegboard
50 assorted pegs
A new 8" c-wrench
Weed n' Feed (I hate lawn chemicals, but the weeds are growing faster than I can pull them, so I have to resort to WMDs here)
A 10" folding saw (for some of the larger, tree-sized weeds)
A plastic organizer bin for all of my yard tools
A pickaxe
A sledgehammer

Hmmm, I wonder if I can set up a wedding registry at Home Depot...



EDIT : Did I mention I really like to break stuff?
posted by S.C. @ 10:08 AM |

0 comments

<< Home