Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Wohoo For Barter!

I love having friends in the skilled trades. My air conditioner just hasn't been cutting it these last few days (temps above 90 and high humidity). So I got my friend Rob, master HVAC tech, to come over to look at the system and tell me what was wrong. The long and short of it is, there was too much freon in the system (overcharged). The extra pressure was preventing the heat exchanger from working properly at outside temps above 85. So, he did his little bit of magic and brought everything to where it should be, and there was a noticible difference after about 15 minutes. All I had to do in exchange was fix his computer. I love bartering!

In other news, I have a good idea of what I want to do for my bachelor party. I'm not a big drinker, and a trip to the titty bar holds no interest for me, so I've been trying to figure out what would be fun, and I've decided that I'd like to take a weekend and go white water rafting with my friends. I think that would be a blast.

Also, we've solidified out backup plans for the honeymoon in case the cruise we want doesn't work for us. Things are really coming together.
posted by S.C. @ 11:36 AM |

0 comments

<< Home