Monday, July 18, 2005

Travel Woes

So, Cleveland was a blast, and it will get its own post later in the day, but I have to discuss my travel woes right now...

So, the Redhead and I were booked on separate flights returning home, because I booked later and the one she was on was full. We decided that, since I had the later flight, I'd go to the Cleveland airport with her and see if I could at least move to her flight on the Cleveland to Chicago leg, my reasoning being I'd much rather spend time sitting in Chicago Midway than the Cleveland Airport. Anywho, I got my first flight changed, and all was well.

Going out of Chicago, she had a 5:30 flight and i had a 9:05 flight. I figured I'd get on the standby list for the 5:30 and, if that didn't work, just sit around and read Harry Potter for 3 hours. Oh, how naive was I...

Due to a massively bad weather system hanging over Houston (where about 50% of SouthWest's flight pass through on a given day), just about every flight that evening was delayed, because their planes were stuck on the ground in Houston. After many, many changes, the flight that originally was supposed to leave at 5:30 started boarding around 8:30. I didn't make it on standby, so I saw the Redhead onto her plane, and then went to my gate to wait for my (also delayed) flight.

Due to some crew weirdness, and computer stuff, the Redhead's flight was delayed at the gate. Because of this, our flights got into Louisville roughly 15 minutes apart. (Originally, our flights were about 3 1/2 hours apart).

Needless to say, I'm frickin' tired.
posted by S.C. @ 10:50 AM |

0 comments

<< Home