Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Being A Good Boy

So, I'm in the middle of week three of my diet and excercise commitment, and things seem to be going pretty well. I've gotten into a pretty good routine that I, so far, have been able to maintain.

I try and hit the gym four times a week, which is enough to be serious about excercise, but gives me enough flexibility so that I can do other things immediately after work as well. I'll leave work, drive home and change, and then head to the gym. The drive home part is the important part, previous attempts at an excercise routine have failed because I kept forgetting to pack my workout clothes, so driving home solves that problem. Also, the gym I go to now is less than 10 minutes away, so we're all good.

At the gym, I've been doing a combination workout. 5 minutes on the bike to start, as a warmup. Then, to the weight room, and about 35-40 minutes of training there, usually working on two opposing muscle groups. Then a cardio session, which is either lap swimming (which I still suck at) or lap jogging.

In addition, I've managed to cut what I eat each day by about 25%, so that will hopefully help matters, as well.

I'd like to keep this up until the end of the year, at least. I think it will really help me get into a better level of fitness, and then I can scale back and just do maintenance.
posted by S.C. @ 7:32 AM |

5 comments

<< Home