Thursday, September 29, 2005

A Hairy Situation

Kira posted about the horrors of forgetting to shave a leg over on her blog, and in the spirit of shaving misadventures, I thought I'd post mine.

I used to have a full beard, and even before that I had the moustache/goatee thing (some people call it a Van Dyke), so there were quite a number of people (The Redhead included) who had not seen me clean-shaven. I was still in my past life as a theatre tech, so I had some odd hours. One morning, about 4am, I got home and decided I needed a trim. I was using an adjustable-guard beard trimmer, did a really decent job for me, made it very easy to quickly trim up.

Well, long story short, I forgot to extend the guard, so my first swipe...bzzzt! A chunk of beard falls into the sink.

Now, you might think, "Oh, you just shave around it and it'll be fine." Wrong, because this hair came from right beneath my nose. I called it an "inverse Hitler moustache" (think about it, it'll come to you) and, no matter how I tried, I was unable to salvage a decent facial hair configuration.

So I show up at work the next day clean shaven (and looking 10 years younger, I might add)...

I got some incredibly astonished looks, to say the least.
posted by S.C. @ 8:19 AM |

1 comments

<< Home