Monday, November 07, 2005

I Can't Prove That It's Good...

...but I can prove that it doesn't suck.

We saw proof in the theatre Friday night, and I must say that I enjoyed it immensely. I've never been a huge Gwenyth Paltrow fan, but she was fantastic in the lead roll, and the casting for the entire movie was very well done.

What impressed me the most was the screenplay. I honestly walked out of the theatre saying, "that should win the Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar." Honestly, that's the first time I've ever said that phrase...

The movie was everything an adaptation should be. It was rigorously faithful to the original script, but it deepened the characters and their relationships in a way that only film can. A very good movie.

Now, the reviews were kind of bleh about it, but I'm convinced that, even with the mathematics dumbed down a lot, it still went over the heads of most movie critics. And if they don't understand it, they don't like it.

If nothing else, it's worth adding to your NetFlix list...
posted by S.C. @ 7:51 AM |

0 comments

<< Home