Friday, November 11, 2005

Mother Knows Best

Before we were married, The Redhead's Mother (hereby known as MT) was talking with The Redhead one morning, and asked if we had registered for a ladle.

"No," says the Redhead, "we don't use it that much."

MT was aghast at this. In her words, "Well, once you get married, you'll need a ladle."

(NOTE: I bit my tongue on this, because God only knows what we would be needing this ladle for after we were married...)

Anyhow, flash forward to last week, which was the first time we cooked at home after the wedding. The Redhead was finishing chili, and I was just pouring the mixture for a pecan pie into the crust, when I hear, "Goddamnit!"

I look over at my wife, who looks at me and says, "I need a fucking ladle."
posted by S.C. @ 11:37 AM |

5 comments

<< Home