Thursday, November 03, 2005

Wednesday Wist

Ok, for this week's Wednesday Wist (a meme so thoughtfully created by Amy)

So, how do you participate in Wednesday Wist? You take whatever music player you use, put it on shuffle, grab the first 5 songs and write what that song makes you remember. If it's a new song...and you can't relate it to a memory...do you like it? Leave a comment if you do it on your site and if you don't have a site, comment your wist here. Oh...and feel free to comment about my songs as well.

1. Charlie's Birthday Bar - Danny Elfman (Charlie and The Chocolate Factory Soundtrack)
I always remember being tripped out by the boat ride scene in the original C&TCF with Gene "Crazy Hair" Wilder. Weird, psychadelic visuals, combined with his monotone rendition of "Where Are We Going", always kind of freaked me out.

As for the new version of the movie, I love it. Love it, love it, love it. One of the most


2. Vultures - Phish (07/21/2003 Noblesville, IN)

This song reminds me of a small indie film I worked on as crew a couple of summers ago. It filmed in a couple of locations in Kentucky, and had a really interesting and eclectic group of people working on it. As it was a shoestring production, there were no salaries, just the glory of having your name on the screen...unless you were left out of the credits...

*ahem*


3. The Coast - Paul Simon (Concert In The Park)
I remember watching this show on satellite one summer evening with my parents. I don't remember how old I would've been, but I was decently young at the time. I alternated between playing out in the back yard and watching some of the concert. Of course, I was thrilled when they played "Call Me Al" and Chevy Chase (FLETCH!) came out to play sax with Paul. Of course, they have since edited that appearance out of the concert footage (I've never understood that)...


4. A Whole New World - Brad Kane (Aladdin Soundtrack)
Don't laugh. Don't you fucking dare. So I like the Aladdin sountrack. So what? You want to make something of it? Huh?

It was actually the first CD I owned...not the first album I owned, but it was the first one I received after I got my first CD player. Which reminds me of the Christmas I got my first CD-ROM drive for my computer (a 486 with a math co-processor, blazing fast baby!) and freaked my mother out by installing it myself...


5. Chalk Dust Tortue - Phish (12/31/2003 Miami, FL)

I was at a loss for what to get The Redhead for Christmas the second year we were together, which was strange for me, because I'm usually really, really good at gift giving...

I knew that the public ticket sale for Phish's NYE in Miami was going to start soon, but I hadn't even entertained the notion of going. I wasn't even really thinking of it when I started checking flights, and hotels, and ticket prices...I think I finally realized I was going to do it when I actually got the tickets to the shows (they were doing a four-night run, and we went for the last two nights, the 30th and 31st).

I managed to keep it to myself until we got to Christmas, which was damn hard, let me tell you. Understandably, there was squealing when I told her what my present to us was (I mean, I was going with her, right?).
posted by S.C. @ 8:26 AM |

4 comments

<< Home