Wednesday, November 09, 2005

We're Fucked

I just got back from a lunch with the Louisville Forum, a group that (usually) does a really good job of getting 4 or 5 speakers with differing opinions together and having them discuss a topic while we chow down. This happens about once a month, and is generally very informative...

Today's topic was "The State of the Commonwealth" (who here knew Kentucky was a Commonwealth?). The speakers were:

Democratic Party - County Chair
Democratic Party - State Chair
Republican Party - County Chair
Republican Party - State Chair

It was like watching 4 fat old white men verbally bitch-slap each other for an hour. I got more information about current issues from my food than I did those guys. I'm surprised I didn't have an aneurysm from listening to both sides do nothing but redirect whatever question they were given into a slam of the other party.

My favorite part of the session was when a question regarding our current government scandel was asked of the Republican State Chair, who's reponse was to change the subject...to the topic of how the Democrats were always changing the subject when asked a direct question.

Needless to say, I almost choked to death on my dessert cookie...
posted by S.C. @ 2:32 PM |

0 comments

<< Home