Tuesday, December 13, 2005

525,600 Minutes

The length of a year.

Which is the minimum amount of time that I need to train to the point where I can move into the aviation department, at least part time.

It's not entirely pleasant, realizing that I'm stuck in my current job for another 52 weeks.

365 more days of coming in and hoping that our ISP doesn't completely fuck up our network (which they do about 5 or 6 times a year).

12 more months of taking calls from people who really shouldn't be allowed to touch computers.

4 more quarters of cobbling together database projects for people who can't figure out what they want.

1 more year of working on projects that give me indigestion.

I'm going to deal with it, and get through it, because I have to. The image of what I want to do (corporate aviation) is strong enough to make most work days bearable.
posted by S.C. @ 3:20 PM |

0 comments

<< Home