Monday, December 05, 2005

Hybrid Pros and Cons

An interesting little article has some Q&A's regarding hybrids, and I thought the following emailed question showed a very thoughtful analysis of the situation that I wanted to pass along:

Q. You have shown a lot of one-sided arguments in support of hybrids. I just want to give my two cents. The real problem with hybrids is that they are horrible to look at. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but can you imagine a guy with tattoos or a cowboy driving a hybrid? It's a car that doesn't look manly. Take the Prius. It looks like a mouse with wheels, like something out of a cartoon. You think someone is going to really give up his tough-looking truck or manly muscle car for a car that looks like it was made for an old grandma? I'm in my mid-20s and in favor of doing something about the gas crisis, but I can't bring myself to ride a hybrid because of the way they look. Make a Mustang hybrid, and I'll buy it the first day it comes out.

:: insert sound of head slamming against desk ::

I honestly don't know whether to laugh, cry, or track this person down and remove him from the gene pool before he procreates...

The writer who was furnishing the answers to the questions had the following response:

A. Some of us think tattoos are ugly.


via AutoBlog
posted by S.C. @ 8:20 AM |

3 comments

<< Home