Monday, December 12, 2005

The Importance Of Communication

My Dad cracks me up:

"When I got home Friday, I discovered a number of very handsome leather organizer thingies in my office, placed in strategic spots. Now, I'm pretty slow, but after twenty eight years of marriage, I can recognize a tactful suggestion that my office looks like a pig pen and it needs to be cleaned up before company comes next weekend."

So, of course, one might ask what action he took in the face of such subtle suggestions...

"In any case, today I sprang into action. 'Sprang' might not be the best verb, but for an old guy I did my best imitation. I ruthelessly pitched old books I'll never use and sent some good ones to the wreck room upstairs where maybe the progeny will discover them."
posted by S.C. @ 7:08 AM |

0 comments

<< Home