Thursday, December 01, 2005

"Yes!!! Naive Melody!!!"

I love recordings of live shows, I really do. I like being able to indentify particularly outstanding moments and listen to them over and over again, and not just good bits from the band.

I have a recording of a concert from a group called The String Cheese Incident. They cover, during the third set, the Talking Heads' This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody), which has got to be one of the most beautiful songs ever. They start the song with a nice, relaxed percussion intro, and about a minute into the track, you can hear some guy in the audience figure out what the song is, and scream "YES!!!!! NAIVE MELODY!!!!"

I like it so much, because I've been that guy, that guy who is so completely blown away by the fact that he got to hear one song or another. And that's why I love live recordings, because the audience really has an impact on how the entire thing sounds...
posted by S.C. @ 8:39 AM |

0 comments

<< Home