Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Whew!

The Redhead and I went to see Brokeback Mountain last night as part of our Oscar watch. I walked out immensely satisfied, not only because the movie was good, but because the hype was worth it.

The last few years, I've been burned by the hype. I remember hearing how outstanding Million Dollar Baby was, and then walking out after the movie asking myself what the fuck was that?

Same thing with Mystic River, the year before. I remember crying out in agony when those movies proceded to win award after award after award. I thought that, surely, someone would stop the madness, but it never stopped. I was a broken, embittered shell of a movie-goer, reduced to seeing movies like Hellboy and Transporter 2.

Thankfully, there has been an outstanding crop of films that arrived late in 2005. I'm actually looking forward to the Oscars this year...
posted by S.C. @ 8:26 AM |

3 comments

<< Home