Monday, February 27, 2006

At Least We Left Before Rodney Dropped His Pants

The Redhead and I had a busy, fabulous weekend. Saturday night, after seeing some Brazilian dancers downtown, we headed out to a King Cake party at some friends' house. For the uninitiated, the King Cake is a braided coffee cake associated with Mardi Gras, with a token (usually a little plastic baby, don't ask me why) baked into it. The person who gets the piece with the baby has to buy the next cake (and, with our friends, host next year's party), but gets a year of good luck in exchange.

That being said, I resolved that, if I tasted plastic, I was going to keep on chewing. Last year's recipient got divorced a few months after the party, and while it could've technically been considered good luck, I'm a big fan of married life, and want to stay that way.

It being a Mardi Gras party, there were beads, and I'm told there was flashing going on as the night turned to morning. We ditched about 1:30 in the morning, but tales have been told of what we missed...
posted by S.C. @ 9:54 AM |

1 comments

<< Home