Friday, February 17, 2006

Is "Evasion Tactics 101" An Available Class?

I was talking with my father about my youngest brother, A, who was just elected President of the Inter-Fraternity Council at his college. We've long joked that A, an economics and commerce major, will rely on my brothers M, a budding accountant, and C, a budding lawyer, to keep him out of trouble.

My father's quote this morning:

"He's gonna be the Ken Lay of the family."
*pause*
"Maybe that's not a completely apt description."

A isn't malicious or evil in any way. Nicest guy you've ever met. Would never screw anybody.

He does, however, have a history of making stupid choices, and the thing that accentuates this is that he always gets caught. He has absolutely no capacity for deceit, so if he ends up doing something he shouldn't be (like, drinking underage on Spring Break) he always ends up getting busted for it (by, say, walking past a uniformed police officer while holding a red plastic cup full of beer).

Let this kid loose on the business world, I shudder to think what could happen. ;)

EDIT

I should point out that he is one of the smartest, nicest people I know. Just has no guile whatsoever.
posted by S.C. @ 7:59 AM |

0 comments

<< Home