Monday, March 13, 2006

I Want It Bad, But Not Too Bad

Greetings and salutations, dear readers.

We had a very nice weekend, including a dinner with some friends, a trip to my parents' house for Chinese take-out and the NCAA selection show, and a couple of stops at the gym.

I was scheduled to go flying Saturday afternoon and, if the weather was acceptable, we were going to fly to Lexington and back, to get some experience with en-route instrument flight.

The weather was almost perfect, in that it was raining and overcast, but the ceilings were high enough that we wouldn't have to worry about missing an approach. The bummer about it was, there were some thunderstorms embedded in the overcast, and thunderstorms and small planes just don't mix. So we had to scrub the flight.

That's kind of what makes this instrument training thing tricky. I need some experience in bad weather, so I know how to deal with it when I encounter it without an instructor, but it can't be too bad, or I can't go. It's the ultimate excercise in risk management.

So, we parlayed our flight into some productive simulator time.

Horoscopes will be up before lunch (EST), and I'll see if I can't get some more worthwhile content up here, while I'm at it.
posted by S.C. @ 8:27 AM |

0 comments

<< Home